FLORA CITY COUNCIL - REGULAR MEETING
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
131 EAST SECOND STREET
AUGUST 17,2020 - 4:30 P.M.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
APPROVE AGENDA FOR THE AUGUST 17, 2020 FLORA CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
• APPROVE MINUTES OF THE FLORA CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING OF AUGUST 3, 2020
• APPROVE SCHEDULE OF BILLS FOR PERIOD ENDING AUGUST 13, 2020
• APPROVE TREASURER'S REPORT FOR JULY 2020
• ACCEPT POLICE ACTIVITY REPORT FOR JULY 2020
• ACCEPT BUILDING AND ZONING REPORT FOR JULY 2020
MAYOR MIKE STANFORD
1) ORDINANCE NO. 20-3124, AN ORDINANCE APPROVING A LOAN AGREEMENT AND
DOCUMENTS WITH THE CLAY CITY BANKING COMPANY
COMMISSIONER RICK SLAUGHTER
COMMISSIONER MIKE GENTHE
1) Payment #1 to Luttrell Backhoe, Inc. for the North Avenue - CSX Overpass Repairs in the amount of $27,458.80. .
COMMISSIONER PHIL WILEY
COMMISSIONER LINDA SPICER
August 17. 2020
CITY ATTORNEY BOB COBLE
CITY CLERK BECKY BURGESS
CITY TREASURER JEREMY HENDERSON
1) CITY OF FLORA COUNCIL RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AN APPLICATION IN
SUPPORT OF A BUSINESS WITHIN THE CITY OF FLORA TO APPLY FOR THE
STATE OF ILLINOIS DOWNSTATE SMALL BUSINESS STABILIZATION PROGRAM
CHIEF OF POLICE GUYE DURRE
1) Hire William Laughlin as Telecommunicator at the rate of $16.50 per hour, per union
contract, with a hire date of August 18, 2020.
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS & BUILDING/ZONING OFFICIAL CHAD BAYLES
1) ORDINANCE NO. 20-3125, AN ORDINANCE GRANTING A VARIANCE TO TOBY L.
2) ORDINANCE NO. 20-3126, AN ORDINANCE GRANTING A VARIANCE TO REBEKAH S.
3) ORDINANCE NO. 20-3127, AN ORDINANCE GRANTING A SPECIAL USE TO ADAM J.
SERVICE AND LAUREN E. REDING
SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC WORKS TOBY RINEHART
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(3) The selection of a person to fill a public office, as defined in this Act, induding a vacancy in a public office, when the public body is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the public body is given power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5) The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.
51LCS 120/2(c)(6) The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf ofthe particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
Any Action Required from Closed Session